Thursday, May 3, 2012

welcome


on march 21 i proposed a peace flag project on my personal blog and it met with interest... as fortune would have it, i have found myself in the midst of some wonderful people - people who make me feel as if i belong to a larger tribe... and so the hermit who loves to sit at a bench and 'make' is now involved in something bigger... 


peace flag/prayer flag projects are not uncommon... we even came upon a dream flag project in philly at the children's hospital a couple of years ago... 





what moves me so much about these projects - and about the prayer flags themselves as traditionally used - is the intention of spreading good to all... it is the cooperative effort, the linking of intentions that makes them so powerful... 


and so you are invited... 


you are invited to make a peace offering in flag form to fly on international peace day 21 september 12... so that we can join our wishes with those of so many others across the globe... and to create a ripple with our blogs by posting about it all on the same day... 


pages will be appearing here with links and such - we will be assembling participants and their blogs... 


if you would like to post at any time, please ask - i am hoping this will be a living blog... with a  project focus? yes... but also with a focus upon sharing your stories, art, thoughts on a daily basis... 




thank you to the friends who so enthusiastically responded to the idea and who will be participating on the blog... 


in peace and with gratitude (and excitement) - 


mary jane









14 comments:

  1. I am very excited to see this project evolve and grow... thank you for starting a ripple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful heartfelt project-blessings to you Mary Jane for starting this, and all the others involved! How beautiful this is. I hope to participate as well, if I get around to my blog going live. ;o) I will so enjoy reading the journey, nonetheless. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful and dear to my own heart. And as stregata says, thank you so much for sharing a ripple. I'll be with you in this so worthwhile journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in strange place at this moment...a nano second in eternity..when all forces are giving me a split second of personal peace and self satisfaction. I relish it and take your hand to strengthen the peaceful energy we all will send forth in our unified prayers for peace.

    In less cryptic language...I'm in.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful idea Maire! The list continues to grow....May the ripple become a wave....

    ReplyDelete
  6. How inspired , as we think we create. Creating peace is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Jane, what a beautiful idea...and so great to see the concept you put forth is now touching others and continues to grow. Your new blog is a brand new, peaceful spot here on the web - love the background you chose for the site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sign me up! I am busier than a kicked hornet's nest, but I think your intention to spread good is worthy and definitely a beautiful thing! Let me know if you need anything or need a sponsor for a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in too! I love the idea and we all know that Peace desperately needs a helping hand these days. I live in a rural area in Spain and there is a local group of artists in the making. We'll create a Google group as soon as we have a name. Maybe we could participate as a group too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's perfect... And this is the time. Very exciting

    ReplyDelete
  11. MJ-yes thanks for starting the ripple. B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the invitation! I'm looking forward to seeing where it all leads :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely.
    I'd like to be a part.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete